Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Leafs Win, Slut Flashes Crowd

The Leafs beat the listless Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1 last night in a game that the Leafs had in control most of the way. It's hard to believe - after watching that game anyway - that the Blue Jackets are a better team than the Leafs. Their defense is above average, but that's about it. Their offense begins and ends with Rick Nash, who is consistently overrated (57 points is his career high). I think Columbus' record has a lot to do with Pascal Leclaire's ridiculous start to the season - 5 shutouts in 9 games? That's unpossible!


Every Toronto media source has noted that there was a blonde behind the Leafs' bench that took her shirt off for the hooligans at the ACC. I missed it. I have no idea why it is news, but I'm probably only saying that because I am bitter that there is no video of the incident. For shame. Where is The Sun's tabloid-esque insistence on showing skin when you need it?

The Leafs lost Boyd Devereaux, Darcy Tucker, and Pavel Kubina to injury. As of yet there is no word on how much time they'll miss, if any. Judging by my view from my couch (after several brown bottles), Tucker and Kubina shouldn't miss any time, while Devereaux's injury is somewhere between a mild sprain and a total knee devastation. Hard to say.

Random Game Notes:
- Colaiacovo's goal was the first goal from a Leafs blueliner since February 2. Insert farting sound here. Do I need to remind everyone that the Leafs have about $20 million dollars per season back there, most of which is tied up in offensive d-men? Boys, we can almost handle the nightly defensive bedshittings if you're putting up some points. Fer fucksakes, earn your paycheques!

- The Leafs energy line of Moore / Devereaux / Kilger was again the Leafs' most noteworthy line. Kilger scored the Leafs' 3rd goal, and the line was responsible for Colaiacovo's goal in the first period. These guys are really playing well, but I am disappointed watching them, as their play highlights how poorly the other lines are put together. Oh, and does anyone else think Chad Kilger is gay? Everytime I see him interviewed, I'd bet my life on his homosexuality. I wonder if Vegas takes bets on gay. In any event, I really think Chad would be an incredible role model to gay youngsters, should he 'come out'. There are hundreds of hockey players to look up to, but no openly gay hockey players.

- He has put together a very reasonable string of games lately, so I've really tried to give him another chance, but the verdict is is: Matt Stajan is to hockey greatness what a small cock is to female orgasm. I'm not going to restate all the reasons why Matt Stajan is a sack of jizz; instead, I want to give you homework. Watch Matt when he is on the ice. If you ever see Matt Stajan win a one-on-one battle for the puck, I'll eat my hat. It simply doesn't happen.


2 comments:

adom said...

I caught the photographer gawking over a pic he took of her. I can't find a picture of the actual girl, though.

http://theendguard.blogspot.com/2008/02/leafs-fans-flashed-leafs-win-everyting.html

If there are any pics you find, hit me up.

ad4mlaz @ gmail . com

Go Leafs Go.

adom said...

Sorry,
Above Link