Sunday, November 25, 2007

Extra! Extra! Maple Leafs now less exciting than Dancing With The Stars!

Normally, claiming that anything is less exciting than Dancing With The Stars is more of a bold statement than wearing a "I Fuck On The First Date" t-shirt to a job interview. Alas, the Leafs are in a downward spiral not seen since...well, since last season when they hit the shitter.

In a stunning turn of events, the Leafs lost again last night, this time to the Phoenix Coyotes. Okay, so it isn't so stunning - more stunning would have been this Leafs team pulling their heads out of their own asses and winning a game.

Andrew Raycroft, Vesa Toskala, and Raycroft's molester moustache combined to allow 5 goals against a very weak offensive team. Raycroft was actually pulled after 2 goals on 7 shots, but not because he played badly - his moustache just needed to air out.

Tomas Kaberle was -4 last night. For anyone keeping count, that's -7 in his last two games. Isn't he supposed to be our top defenseman?

Random Game Notes:
- There are no game notes from last night. After the first period, I was so drunk that I actually contemplated growing a Raycroft 'stache. Then I crushed a few beer cans on my forehead and passed out on my living room floor.

The Leafs are off until Tuesday, when they'll lose to the Canadiens.

Kill me now.

No comments: