Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And The Dream Is..........Over!

One of the strangest hockey player photos I've ever seen. He's either about to pick up the hottest girl at the club , or he's extremely confused and trying to hide it.


With Kyle Wellwood's return from injury and Mark Bell's return from suspension, Simon Gamache has been placed on waivers with the intent of sending him back to the Toronto Marlies.

"It's a sad day for me," said Gamache from the Scotiabank Place press box. "I'm very disappointed. I didn't come here to play in the AHL."

I feel for Gamache. He has put up good offensive numbers at every level that he's played at, except the NHL where he's never been given a fair shake. I'm not naive enough to think that Gamache could be a star in the league, but I do think he warrants a spot on an NHL team. He brings tenacity and offensive potential, every single game.

Gamache still hasn't decided whether he'll report to the Marlies.

No comments: