Monday, October 1, 2007

Who Will Be Sent Down to Play at the Uncle Ricoh Coliseum?

Stay tuned for news on the Leafs' regular season roster. Final cuts are expected early this week.

There are a few interesting questions to be answered:
[1] Does Andy Wozniewski make the team for a third straight season? Does he play if he does?

[2] Does Anton Stralman make the team? If not, does he report to the Marlies or insist on playing in Sweden as he has hinted?

[3] Where does Staffan Kronwall - who has also previously made the Leafs - fit in?

[4] What of Jay Harrison (who must clear waivers to be sent to the Marlies) and Bryan Muir (much NHL experience, but no contract as of yet)?

[5] Which forwards replace Bell and Wellwood to begin the season?

[6] Does the team go with skill (Gamache, Salmelainen, Tlusty) or grit (Ondrus, Belak, Newbury) in the starting 12?

[7] Does the team make a trade to free up roster spots and cap space?

I'll refrain from predicting, as it'd be pure speculation. I do think that the team that I'd pick will definitely be different than the one with which the Leafs will start the season. I am of the mindset that rewarding a player who has had an excellent training camp has more merit than inserting a plugger that hasn't. Alas, I don't think I'll get my way.

No comments: