Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What The Ek?

Eklund is at it again. He is reporting about the possibility of a major deal in Leaf land going down this week. The article is short, so I'll just paste 'er all in here.

(What the fuck is plagiarism?)

"Been chasing something since late last night....A possible trade between the Leafs and either the Coyotes, Ducks, or Avs. . Not sure exactly what is involved yet, but I should have some names by 1:30pm Et I am told. SHOULD. What I do know is that this deal is a big one and there are very some big names involved going both ways...I also am told that it could happen as soon as today or could be a "weekend blockbuster." This from various sources throughout the NHL. I have been completely swamped by this one since around 10 pm last night.

It should be a crazy few days in Leaf land."

I've noted before that Eklund is often misled by sources, so take the above with a grain of salt. But, as a daily Eklund reader, I can tell you this: he doesn't often sound so sure of something happening. And him being swamped by trade rumours likely means there is truth to it.

I think this is a good time to admit something: trade rumours get me sexually excited. Not like the average meathead fan - I'm not delusional about trade possibilities - but hearing about reasonable deals that bring in fresh faces gives me a pants tent. I am of the opinion that the Leafs are in need of a shakeup, so this article brightened my day.

That being said, if the rumour isn't true, I'll be as disappointed as a child whose parents ordered Peepants the Clown as birthday party entertainment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First comment on the site.

Fuck I better hope the Leafs make some changes. The latest part that you haven't added is that the Leafs are interested in Marek Svatos and John-Michael Liles, and the Avs are counter-interested in Tomas Kaberle and Alex Steen. I want the Leafs to make some changes on the back end and for a better 3/4 line wingers, but Kaberle is arguably the best puck handling defenseman in the league, and Steen has a lot of potential, and still has not had his breakout year like Antropov is having this year and Wellwood started to have last year before his injury. Hopefully Steen and Stajan can find a groove and Tlusty and Gamache can find a spot in the lineup.

PS. Woz needs to go.